DBConvert/ DBSync for MS SQL and MySQL software offers comfortable way to convert and synchronize data from Microsoft
SQL Server to MySQL database/ MariaDB. Even with no SQL knowledge you are able to transfer or replicate data easily.
Incredibly fast database conversion engine migrates 1 million records and more in 5-10 min.
Views conversion from MS SQL to MySQL performs automatically and doesn’t require knowing differences between SQL
dialects from your side.
Take advantage of Dump files and PHP scripts, when you don't have direct access to a target database server.
You can run conversion/synchronization by scheduler or via command line.
DBSync for MySQL and MS SQL syncs your data between MSSQL to MySQL/ MariaDB and inversely. It performs MSSQL and SQL Azure
database synchronization as well.
DBSync for MS SQL and MySQL is really dependable and up-to-date application
update and drop synchronization as well as other our synchronizers.
Keep all your databases up-to-date with trigger-based
synchronization method. "Trigger sync" algorithm is developed for accurate analyzing of destination database
data and track changes in both databases instantly. Trigger-based synchronization method increases sync speed in
synchronization helps updating data in both source and destination databases simultaneously.
Integrated Data Types Mapping capability assists to match MySQL data types with their closest and relative MS SQL
Server equivalents. Read more information about Data
types mapping between MS SQL and MySQL.
A question about comparing SQL Server and MySQL pros and cons appeared regularly on various developer resources is
quite common one. Actually, it is difficult to say that MS SQL is better than MySQL or vice versa. Comparing them,
especially regarding their performance, has no sense. Choosing a database directly depends on experience of database
developer or DBA. You can use both of these products to build reliable and efficient systems.
MSSQL and MySQL have their own advantages over each other. But there are some good reasons to migrate their
databases to MySQL.
- Cross-platform support: MySQL database can be run on several platforms including Linux, Unix, Windows and Mac OS. If you are one of the *nix guys then there are a plenty of options and MySQL would be a right choice.
- Cost Effective: MySQL is free open-source database engine. Reasonable price is charged for commercial organizations. Cost factor would be a key point in decision of choosing MySQL for a small business startup.
- Transparency: Unlimited improvement and tuning of code is possible due to the fact that MySQL is open source.
- Reliability and stability: A lot of worldwide contributors help to debug and improve MySQL engine constantly. So found bugs can be reported continuously and eliminated effectively.
- Move data directly from one server to another or save data into MySQL Dump or PHP script for export to MySQL database.